Sunday, October 9, 2016

Fall Break

Friday of Fall Break did not turn out the way we expected at all - and in a great way! We had someone coming to fix our living room, but he had to cancel  due to car issues. Also, I was supposed to get my hair cut, but my hair dresser had to cancel because she got sick. So that meant that Brent and I both had a free day because the kids went to daycare. We had a great day! Our adventures included breakfast at First Watch, shopping for ceiling fans, getting new tires for the Pilot, pricing out phones, replacing our mattress, going to lunch, and picking up my packet for the Queen Bee half marathon. 

Saturday started with 13.1 miles in Cincinnati. I finished the race in 2:09:30, my fastest half marathon in the city. The run was awesome, partially because I met a new friend and partially because the route was beautiful. Brent brought the boys to cheer me on, which is one of my favorite parts! After the race, we headed home for lunch and afternoon naps. Naps were pretty much a disaster, so the boys were grumpy the rest of the day. The day ended with church then bed. Well, and I made a pumpkin cheesecake for the next day.

Today the boys and I spent the morning at the zoo. Oliver was wound up and Graham was tired, so we didn't stay very long. Naps were very long today and all three of us took a good one. Thank goodness! Everyone woke up much more relaxed and tonight was fun. The boys watched TV and played for a while, then after dinner I took them for a walk to the park. 

Tomorrow the guy is finally coming to start the process of fixing up the living room. Brent will be at work. The kids will be at daycare. I will cook, clean, and organize. Then our week will start on Tuesday. 











No comments:

Post a Comment