Sunday, April 23, 2017

April 22 & 23: Margin

Friday night was date night. Brent and I enjoyed lots of good food and planned out the summer. For dinner, we ate Thai food at Wild Ginger. For dessert we had pie at O Pie O. Both restaurants were new to me and were amazing! As for summer plans we decided not to do a big vacation this summer but to save up for a bigger vacation next year. 

This weekend was pretty quiet for the most part. Graham had a soccer game that Brent took him to on Saturday. Brent said that he played very hard for the first 3 quarters before pooping out with all of the other 3-year-olds. Oliver and I had a lunch date and started shopping for a special bathroom project... but more on that to come! 

The new series at church is called "Margin." It's about making room for God to work in the middle of this crazy life. I love it! During the sermon I was given clarity about a lot of what has been going on in the last 2 years as ways that God has opened up my heart as I've created time for Him to speak. He's given me, little by little, margin. Running has become a large part of my sanity. Waking up an hour or more before the rest of the family to collect my thoughts allows me to focus on a world that is bigger than myself. Making time to spend with friends lets me be filled and to fill up others. Intentionally planning date nights with Brent that are kid-free has given us connection that we were missing since having kids. Plus the way that my prayer for female friends has been answered. It's amazing! I feel free and like I can breathe. It's exciting! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment