Sunday, May 7, 2017

May 5-6: Pig Weekend

This weekend was a big one for our family. We participated in the Flying Pig weekend in Cincinnati.

Saturday morning started with Brent running his first solo 5K. He did amazing! Not only did he run all except for a quarter of a mile, but he met his personal goal for the race.

Saturday afternoon Oliver and I participated in the 26th mile race. He's been in running club all year along with 40 other kids at Kelly Elementary. We all met and ran together. We had a blast and he did great!

Sunday morning I ran my 3rd Flying Pig Half Marathon, 5th half marathon. The weather was perfect! I had my best race yet. I love this race, the route the people. Highlights included when certain songs would play on my list that made me think of specific people. I loved praying for them and setting my mind on Jesus, rather than focusing on the race. It was awesome!

Graham was a trooper throughout the entire weekend. He did a great job of walking around town and cheering us all on. He really wanted to run also and can't wait for his turn.

We can't wait for the next races!





















No comments:

Post a Comment