Sunday, November 13, 2016

Aunt Nancy

Last weekend I took a solo trip to North Carolina to pay respects to my late Aunt Nancy. She has been sick for a long time, so her passing came as no surprise. Her life on earth was rough, full of drama and heartache. But she was always a cheerleader for our family and had hope for a new tomorrow. Though I have not seen her frequently in my adult life, she was a huge part of my childhood. Mom spoke with her every day on the phone. We visited her house or she was at ours multiple times each week. She came to every dance recital and football game (I was a cheerleader) that she possibly could. Every birthday she called to sing, "Happy Birthday" and ended her tune with "I love you." For a period of time she was my Sunday School teacher, helping me memorize the catechism and taking me for breakfast when I had met my goals. She was more than my great-aunt, but another grandmother to me. Jesus lived loudly and proudly in her heart and life. I am excited for her that she is dancing in heaven with so many of her family members that went before her.


No comments:

Post a Comment