Saturday, March 11, 2017

March 1: Weather Days

The morning of March 1st started like any other. I woke up super early and spent time with Jesus. It was pouring rain outside so I didn't want to run and it was my rest day for exercise anyway. So I decided to make breakfast casserole for the family. Everyone got up at their normal times and somehow we all sat down for breakfast together. This NEVER happens in the morning. While we were enjoying our biscuits with gravy, sausage, and eggs all of a sudden the rain picked up and we heard a roar of wind. Brent and I jumped up to look outside. The wind and rain were out of control.

We continued with our morning routine. Oliver and I went a different way to school because of fallen trees on our normal route. Brent took Graham to the YMCA for daycare where the power was out and made his way to the doctor. When Oliver and I made it to school we were one of the few there. Around 8:00 school was cancelled. We stayed around until about 9:30 to answer phones and make sure all families were contacted.

The rest of the day was actually pretty awesome for us. We went to lunch, played at Toys R Us, and took long naps. Their favorite was playing in the large cars so I finally agreed to buy a new battery for the car that we have at home from Nana and Papa. The kids were excited!

Not all of the families near our school were so lucky. There were trees down, power outages, and even a barn was wiped out. The power didn't come back on until the next night so there was no school for students on the 2nd.

Oliver was a trooper! I was so proud of him. Because we were the only school in the area that was out, there was nowhere for him to go without Brent taking the day off of work. So he came to school with me. In the morning there were other teacher kids for him to hang out with. In the afternoon he spent most of his time playing basketball in the gym. His behavior was great and he listened to all of my expectations. For dinner he chose pancakes at Big Boy.

It was a day where I left feeling thankful for our family and for God's provision. He takes care of us and allows us to see His power in the strangest ways. In the end we know that God has a plan, we are part of it, and He will make it come to fruition.





No comments:

Post a Comment